Dr Amar Kureishi
Dr. Amar Kureishi is a leading expert in healthcare with over 20 years of international leadership experience in biopharmaceutical drug development. He has led teams and helped developed drugs for registration in such diverse geographies as US, Canada, the EU, China, India, South Korea and Japan.
In his professional career, Dr. Kureishi has held formal R&D appointments with companies such as Bayer, Alcon/Novartis, and Quintiles, and acted as a consultant and advisor to companies such as Millennium Pharma, Takeda, Janssen, Merck Serona, and Samsung Biologics.
Dr. Amar Kureishi obtained his degree in medicine from the University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada, and subsequently specialized in infectious diseases in Vancouver. Prior to joining industry he was Associate Professor of Medicine and Consultant in Infectious Diseases at the University of Calgary, and was a frequent advisory to government regulatory authorities and to the pharmaceutical industry as a key opinion leader (KOL) in infectious diseases. Dr. Amar Kureishi is a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians of Canada, an alumnus of INSEAD and a facilitator with the Asian Leadership Institute.
Dr. Amar Kureishi:
- Is an experienced leader and executive coach with the proven ability to build high performance teams and transform organizations
- Has broad bench-to-bedside healthcare experience across industry, academia, and hospital patient-care
- Brings a global mindset with extensive international experience in Asia, Europe, and North America
- Is a strategic thinker with a repeated track record of successfully introducing innovative, game-changing initiatives
- An excellent communicator, public speaker, writer and media spokesperson who has lectured in over 20 countries in 4 continents.